Bike and Barge in Belgium
Dates: September 28 - October 6, 2012 (Friday to Saturday)
Leader: Judy Burlbaugh
Cancellation: Cancellation fee is $40.00, until June 22, 2012. After that, you are responsible for unrecoverable expenses if you cancel and your space is not filled by another person. Read the full cancellation in the flyer/registration form.
Trip flyer/application form: click here
Note: The trip departs on September 28, arrives in Belgium on the morning of September 29.
- Round Trip Air on United Airlines nonstop to Brussels
- Taxes, fuel surcharges and fees (subject change until ticketing occurs)
- Chartered bus from the Brussels Airport to Bruges
- 7 nights double occupancy lodging on chartered premium class barge, the "MS Quo Vadis"
- 7 breakfasts; 6 bagged lunches for cycling days
- 7 dinners
- 6 days bike rental (8 speed, hand and hub brakes comfey bike!)
- Cycling guide; maps and route description- Daily coffee and tea till 4 p.m.
- Medical Expenses/Emergency Assistance/Sickness/Emergency Evaculation/Repatriation
(this limited insurance applies while in Europe. It is included in all SCWDC European trips.)
Not Included: Full travel/cancellation insurance but available at a discount price allowing a credit for the premium already paid by the club included in cost of trip; Taxi fare from barge to airport at the end of the trip; beverages at dinner are available for purchase; Gratuities at your discretion. You need a current passport, but you don't need a visa.
Visit Historic Belgium from Bruges, one of the most picturesque cities in Europe, to Brussels, the administrative seat of the European Union. A typical day consists of breakfast on board the barge; daily cycling distances may vary between 18 to 30 miles with a bagged lunch in route to the next town where the barge will meet us. After we stow our bikes on the barge for the night we can relax in the bar before our three course dinner, then we are free to explore the port town or relax on board. After a good night’s sleep we will start another day in the beautiful countryside of Belgium.
If this sounds like something you want to do then fill out the trip application and send it with a check made payable to SCWDC to Judy Burlbaugh, 2179 S Shirlington Rd, Arlington, VA 22204. Limited spaces.
SCWDC, a Club for All Seasons